Use RsyncUI for quickly synchronize files to either local or remote storage. If synchronizing to a remote storage require setup of passwordless login.
There are two types of quick tasks:
synchronize- synchronize local files to remote
syncremote- synchronize remote files to local
syncremote the localcatalog in the form is the remote data and remotecatalog is the local data where remote data will land when pulled.
After entering data, default is a
--dry-run task. It is adviced to inspect the result before the real run.
- Local catalog: required field
- Remote catalog: required field
~is expanded as the home catalog with full path by the remote operating system
- the remote catalog might also be added by full path, depends where the backup catalog is placed on remote server
- the backup catalog might also be a local catalog on a local attached disk
- Remote username:
- username for login to remote server
- Remote server:
- either server name or IP-address for remote server